- Sydney location/remote work availability for the right candidate
- Find, manage and grow relationships with athletes who are transitioning into the corporate space, former athletes with business experience and graduate student-athletes.
- $50-70k base + comms (Open to Part Time pro rata rate)
A start-up recruitment agency specializing in placing former/current elite athletes into roles which maximize their unique skills and experiences. Our speciality and focus is high performance sales and recruitment. Founded by a former pro athlete who is passionate about helping athletes transition successfully from sport and connecting them with businesses who value the athlete mindset.
Vision: For every athlete to find their “sport” after sport.
Mission: To become the world’s leading provider of athlete transition management and post-sport career opportunities.
Purpose: To help athletes find their purpose beyond sport.
About The Role:
athlete2business was built by athletes for athletes. We are strong believers that athletes build high performing habits which are very transferable into the business world and allows them to be successful business professionals. We have built numerous relationships with businesses across Australia and SE Asia who value the athlete mindset and would love to hire athletes. We are looking for an Athlete Manager to source athletes for our trusted clients and help them create a high performing culture.
- Fill the vacant sales/recruitment positions for our clients who are looking to hire athletes.
- Find and build relationships with athletes who are transitioning from their sport, athletes who are experienced business professionals and graduate student-athletes.
- Show and explain to athletes how a career in sales and/or recruitment can be fulfilling and an avenue for a successful post-sport career.
- Head hunt athletes who are experienced sales/recruitment professionals.
- Use LinkedIn, LinkedIn recruiter, CRM and other tech platforms to find and build relationships with athlete-candidates.
- Attend and create networking events to build relationships with athletes and raise awareness of careers for athletes in sales and recruitment.
- Build relationships/partnerships with various professional and semi-pro sports clubs, organisations and teams and stay top of mind when it comes to helping their athletes transition from sport.
- Keep all CRM notes up to date and detailed.
- Achieve daily/weekly KPIs of athlete-candidate outreaches.
- A former pro athlete who has worked in sales or recruitment is ideal but we are also open to recently retired athletes with high EQ and an understanding of b2b sales and recruitment.
- You understand the struggles and pain points an athlete goes through when transitioning from their sport.
- You will thrive in a fast paced environment and enjoy multi-tasking.
- A driven individual who is passionate about growing a start up business from ground up and has a strong desire to help other athletes transition from sport.
- Empathetic, commercially minded, resilient, discipline and excellent with time management.
- You are coachable, a self starter, take initiative, trustworthy and can work autonomously.
- Passionate, driven and all about high performance.
- We are a growing start-up so our systems, processes and work structures are not yet set in stone, therefore patience and ability to work in mayhem is part of our daily culture.
- We value family, we are friendly, caring and all about growth, career success and fulfilment.
- We operate on an idea meritocracy – always open to new ideas where the best ideas win no matter who they come from.
- Strong work ethic, discipline and accountability are an integral part of our culture.
- We genuinely care about our athlete-candidates and clients’ best interests and everything we do is geared towards our higher purpose – helping athletes find their purpose post-sport.
- You will be the 2nd employee of the business and truly have a chance to be a part of creating something on a global scale from very humble beginnings.
- You will have a chance to genuinely make a difference in athletes’ lives.
- Have the flexibility to work in a small office as well as remotely.
- Working closely with the business founder where your opinion, ideas and input are highly valued and considered.
How To Apply:
Email your resume to email@example.com or call on 0421579636