Business Development Manager
Our client is a start-up food tech platform and revolutionizing the food industry.
Looking for a hungry BDM to help them take this business from scale up to a global food tech giant!
Many commercial and restaurant kitchens are under-utilised. The model is outdated – one kitchen serves one brand. So our client has fixed this. On the demand side, they’ve created a multi-cuisine range of delivery focused food brands, so kitchens can serve more local people on more occasions. And on the supply side, the tech platform digitises kitchen operations to make them efficient. But what makes our client really special is the advanced analytics. They help kitchens find the right set of food brands for their market, and then optimize the mix – all without them needing a data scientist. So kitchens are busy and profitable.
We need a Business Development Manager to bring on restaurants across Australia onto the platform. Head office is in lovely Sydney, Barangaroo, however you will be required on the road and have WFH flexibility (digital office meetings)
What you’ll be doing:
- Driving growth by convincing restaurants across your territory to use the platform.
- 360 sales role – prospecting, generating leads, meeting with clients and pitching product.
- Negotiating with restaurant owners and key decision makers across the hospitality industry.
- Clearly communicating the math behind the platform and how restaurants can profit by being a part of it.
- Representing the brand and self in a professional, respectable and well behaved manner.
- Conducting market research along with the team to uncover food trends in local areas.
- The business is at rapid growth stage which means you would be part of the early stage growth and have opportunity to manage your own team within 12 months.
What we’re looking for:
- A hungry, driven and motivated sales professional.
- An entrepreneurial mindset who is passionate about working for a start-up and has an understanding of the growth opportunity at hand.
- Must have commercial/sales awareness, strong communication and negotiation skills.
- An ability to think quick on your feet and intelligently articulate the numbers behind the product.
- Knowledge and network within the hospitality industry is an advantage but not a necessity.
- Excellent team player with a can-do attitude.
- A self started who has the ability to work autonomously and is self-motivated.
- An ambitious and driven career minded individual who is hungry to progress their career and achieve success.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills.
- Coachable, disciplined and has an understanding of the food-tech industry.
What’s in it for you:
- $60k+ super base with an exceptional comms structure which can take you to $150k+
- An intensive 3 week training program with on-going career support and development.
- Rapid career progression, with a vision for sales management within 12-18 months.
- A vibrant, fun, sporty and energetic business culture with a high performance mindset.
- Work alongside some of Australia’s serial entrepreneurs and be mentored by the best.
- Be a part of a truly unique business within food-tech with massive potential to have global success. As an early employee, you will have strong potential to be one of the leaders in the business.
If you love start-ups, and want to be part of a revolutionary food-tech business at an early stage and grow with the business to global scale, apply for this once in a life time opportunity now!