GP Sales Representative (12 months contract) – Newcastle
At Boehringer Ingelheim we develop breakthrough therapies that improve the lives of both humans and animals. Founded in 1885 and family-owned ever since, Boehringer Ingelheim takes a long-term perspective.
Now, we are powered by 52,000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. We believe that if we have talented and ambitious people who are passionate about innovation, there is no limit to what we can achieve.
There is now an opportunity to join the successful sales team as a Sales Representative calling on General Practitioners and allied healthcare professionals. This role will cover targeted customers across Newcastle Territory.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Exceed sales targets through unit growth and market share acquisition
- Complete required number of educational functions within allocated budget
- Achieve required standard of sales calls which includes working away from home depending on business needs.
- Plan and execute events such as dinner presentation meetings, medical centre luncheons, etc.
- Work effectively within the territory team, contributing to team success
- Develop relationships with healthcare professionals
- Develop and maintain a high level of technical/ professional knowledge and skill (including selling skills)
- High energy and good achievement orientation
- Tertiary qualifications (preferably in Science/ Medicine or Business)
- Diabetes experience highly desirable but not essential
- Minimum 2 years Pharmaceutical Sales experience and/or territory management experience preferential
- Field sales/territory management experience will be viewed desirably
- Genuine interest to forge a career in the pharmaceutical industry
- Clear, demonstrable professional achievements
- Work well solo and as part of a team
- High drive for results and self-motivated
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Resilience and perseverance
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a clear communicator
- An aptitude for learning (including complex technical information, and execution of selling skills)
- Consistent demonstration of “winning spirit” behaviours that have contributed to team success
- Genuine desire for personal and career development
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
With us, you can grow, collaborate, innovate and improve lives.
We offer challenging work in a respectful and friendly global working environment surrounded by a world of innovation driven mindsets and practices. In addition, learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth.
Who we are
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50,000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com.au and join us in our effort to make more health.
What we offer
Boehringer Ingelheim offers a competitive remuneration package including flexible salary packaging options, and industry-leading lifestyle benefits including attractive leave options, health insurance and a free and confidential Employee Assistance Program.
We want the best to apply!
Boehringer Ingelheim is a global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and foster an inclusive environment which benefits our people, patients and communities.
How to apply
If you would like to be part of this highly driven and successful team please submit your CV and a covering letter addressing the key criteria above.
You must have the right to live and work in this location to be considered for this opportunity.
Thank you for taking the time to consider a career opportunity with Boehringer Ingelheim. As part of our efforts toward continuous process improvement, you may receive a short survey pertaining to this recruitment process. We really appreciate your honest feedback. Thank you.
It is Boehringer Ingelheim’s policy not to accept speculative resumes from Agencies, unless the role has been released directly to the agency. If we require your assistance on any roles we will contact you at the time.